To establish a resilient regional network for environmental monitoring, mappining
... In particular, to provide a Quick Response to possible nuclear &
Goals & Objectives
- To establish a regional environmental network within the Barents Region of Northern
Europe and Russia for purpose of providing a quick response to possible nuclear and other
- Provide a local and regional information basis on environmental matters, which
integrates the already existing solutions.
- Integrate these local/regional information systems in a national and international
- To establish supporting professional training and education courses for all aspects of
environmental KolaNet Programme including technical hardware, software, networking, system
management, as well as environmental awareness for regional and city government
administration, industrial enterprises and educational establishments (schools, colleges
- To re-establish and extend relationships between organisations and individuals within
the Barents Region for purpose of collaborative projects for environmental modelling,
mapping and 3D simulations.
- To communicate the aims, objectives and achievements of the KolaNet Programme to
government organisations, industrial enterprises, investment banks & agencies in order
to promote the Barents Region as an attractive region for industrial investment and hence
generate economic and social re-vitalisation.